Across Platform 5.0.1 released
Platform 5.0.1 is a major release containing numerous breaking changes. It is the first release using the Spring Boot 2 line.
Upgrading from 2.1.5 will not be trivial, due to major upgrades in the Spring line as well. Developers are encouraged to thorougly read the separate module release notes and follow the migration guide when upgrading.
This section lists some of the more notable changes included in this release. Full details can be found in the release notes of the corresponding modules.
Across Core & Web 5.0.1
- Upgrade to Spring Boot 2.1.12 and Spring Framework 5.1.13.
- Improvements made to module configurations and the bootstrapping of ApplicationContexts.
- Refactoring of ViewElement and ViewElementBuilder infrastructure .
- Includes improvements in extendability and customization through WitherSetter and WitherGetters.
- Removal of several deprecated classes.
- Improvements (with breaking changes) regarding the web security infrastructure.
- Rework of the default authentication regarding SecurityPrincipals.
- Minor performance improvements due to becoming an extension module.
- Support for viewing the registered security filter chains.
- Added a new cache browser section.
- Upgraded the bootstrap dependency to Bootstrap 4, as well as various external libraries to their Bootstrap 4 variants.
- Several dependencies are now pulled in via webjars.
- Rework of ViewElement infrastructure. BootstrapUiBuilders has been removed in favour of BootstrapViewElements which provides access to view elements and their builders through static variables, including the removal of attributes in favour of WitherSetter and WitherGetters.
- Updated the behaviour of EntityLinkBuilder due to Spring 5 changes concerning the URL encoding of parameters
- Improvements regarding manual entity registration.
- Improved support for customizing redirect and feedback messages after creating/saving/deleting an entity.
Added support for Azure Blob storage repositories.
- Reworked file storage to using FileManagerModule with specific repository ids.
- Added support for PDF files when ghostscript is present
- Added support for more advanced transformations on images.
Almost all styling and theming has been removed from the standard modules, which leaves them with a clean bootstrap theme. An additional module has then been introduced to improve customizations and themability for across applications.